Sunday, January 9, 2011

Black Saturday

Well! My wishes for peace didn't last very long.

Today, as most of you probably know, there was a tragic mass shooting in Tucson. Six people were killed, including a federal judge and a beautiful 9-year-old girl. The target was our US Congresswoman, Gabrielle Giffords. She is still alive, after taking a bullet through one side of her brain. Of course, this is terribly serious, but the surgeons feel she is doing very well, CONSIDERING.

I am just so depressed I can hardly function. I have met and spoken with her, and she is just a wonderful woman and a great representative.

Several times in the past years I have honestly looked at moving to Canada (yes!). The political and social climate in our country is just so horrible and I can't see how it will get better. The people mostly responsible for spreading the lies and hate refuse to take responsibility. They are (as usual) filling the airwaves with "he is a lone actor" and "things like this just happen". Bah

The champion overeater that I am has actually lost her appetite. (Don't know how long that will last....)

I am SO SICK of the intolerance and hatred and bigotry. Our state is getting worse and worse, as the nuts have taken over in Phoenix. I don't think leaving Arizona would make much of a difference, though.

I hope I will calm down soon, so I can make a decent decision. Right now I'm pretty upset that I just signed a 3-year lease on my office!

I'm doing lots of praying. I need help!

No comments:

Post a Comment