Saturday, April 30, 2011

Martha, the Personal Trainer!

So! As you might guess from the title, I am now a Certified Personal Trainer! I wonder what the stats are on 63-year-old female trainers....

I can't express my amazement at how EASY it was. Beware when hiring a PT - it doesn't always take a lot to get "certified". Ha! Luckily I have a FEW other credentials.

I will be starting my "new career" this coming week at LA Fitness, where Jim and I work out. I - am - so - nervous. I eliminated scheduling in the office on Tuesdays, since it was only 3 to 6 pm any way and lately had become rather sparse. I added an hour or two elsewhere.

The training supervisor, whom I mentioned in the last post, says she will have no problem finding clients for me. It sounds reasonable, since every single one of the other trainers are guys, and pretty young. I have two client appointments on Tuesday!

Should be interesting. Whenever I begin a new big thing like this, I am scared and nervous and really UP FOR IT. Yay!

UPDATE: 5/10/2012

Since this was written, changes have occurred. A few months ago the trainers were notified that, among other things, we had to commit to 20 hours per week. That's just impossible for me, given my business, so they said "Good-bye!"

Too bad - I really was enjoying it (mostly), met some nice people and felt that I was helping people be healthier.

I'm not too sure if I will renew my certification, which is good for another year. We'll see how things go!

No comments:

Post a Comment